2012 Summer School: The Age of Constantine
The Rockford Institute’s 15th Annual Summer School
The Age of Constantine
July 10-15, 2012
In the fourth century, at the very moment when the Church emerged from the catacombs, “The whole world groaned,” Saint Jerome wrote, “and was amazed to find itself Arian.” As blood martyrdom gave way to a different kind of threat, God raised up holy and courageous men, from Saint Athanasius to Saint Augustine, to destroy heresy through a brilliant exposition of the living Faith that still inspires Christians today.
- Thomas Fleming (bio)
- E. Christian Kopff (bio)
- James Patrick (bio)
- Fr. Hugh Barbour, O.Praem. (bio)
- Scott P. Richert (bio)
- Aaron D. Wolf (bio)
Click here for the latest version of the Reading List, plus hyperlinks to online texts.
Click here for the latest version of the Schedule.
- The Rockford Institute
928 N. Main St.
Rockford, IL 61103
- Tuesday: The Rockford Institute
- Wednesday: The Irish Rose
- Thursday: The Olympic Tavern
- Friday: Giovanni's
- Saturday: The University Club
Accommodations (New This Year!)
- Radisson Hotel and Conference Center
200 S. Bell School Rd.
Rockford, IL 61108
(includes all lectures and events, five nights’ lodging with breakfast, daily dinner)
- Double Occupancy: $995.00 per person
- Single Occupancy: $1,095.00 per person
- Lectures Only: $595.00 per person
- Plus Dinner: $695.00 per person
For more information, or to inquire about scholarships for full-time students and private-school teachers, contact Christopher Check at (815) 964-5053.
Please call Cindy Link at (800) 383-0680 to enroll today!